AXIN Hard Gelatin Capsules
Usage and indications:
For the treatment of the following diseases where reduction of gastric acid is indicated:
- Duodenal ulcer
- Benign gastric ulcer
- Prevention of duodenal or benign gastric ulcer recurrence
- Gastric esophageal reflux disease (including erosions, ulcerations and associated heartburn)
- Gastric and/or duodenal ulcer associated with concomitant use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Dosage and administration:
- For treatment of duodenal ulcer: The recommended daily dose is 300 mg in the evening.
- For the treatment of benign gastric ulcer: The recommended daily dose is 300 mg in the evening for four or, if necessary, eight weeks.
- For the prevention of duodenal or benign gastric ulcer recurrence (prophylactic maintenance therapy): The recommended daily dose is 150 mg in the evening.
- For the treatment of gastric esophageal reflux disease: the recommended dosage is from 150 mg twice daily, up to 300 mg twice daily. Therapy for up to 12 weeks is indicated for erosions and ulcerations, and associated heartburn.
- For the treatment of gastric and/or duodenal ulcer associated with concomitant use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: The recommended daily dose is 300 mg daily.
- The elderly: Age does not significantly influence efficacy or safety.
- Children: Not recommended, as safety and efficacy have not been established.
The following effects have also been rarely reported: thrombocytopenic purpura, fatal thrombocytopenia, leucopenia, agranulocytosis, anaemia, exfoliative dermatitis, vasculitis, arthralgia, myalgia, gynaecomastia, impotence, hyperuricaemia, fever, nausea, and reversible mental confusion.
Rare episodes of hypersensitivity reactions (e.g. bronchospasm, laryngeal edema, rash, pruritus, and eosinophilia), serum sickness, and anaphylaxis have been reported.
Warnings and precautions:
As nizatidine is partially metabolized by the liver and principally excreted by the kidneys, patients with impaired liver or kidney function should be treated with caution. Symptomatic response to nizatidine therapy does not preclude the presence of gastric malignancy.
This product contains lactose, if you have been told by your doctor that you have intolerance to some sugars tell your doctor before taking this product.
Pack: box of 10 hard gelatin capsules.